Thursday, September 4, 2008

A lucky girl!!

I've had a great couple of scrapbooking weeks! It actually started about a month ago I think when I posted a comment in the Hero Arts blog and won an embellishment kit. My luck continued with one of the weekly drawings for the Sizzlin Summer Contest over at My Creative Scrapbook where I won a prize. (Don't know what the prize is yet, I will recieve it with my September Kit from My Creative Scrapbook). The next awsome thing was that I submitted a card for a birthday challenge at the Hero Arts blog and I was so suprised and so excited when I found out that I had won 1st place there among lots of great entries. The prize was a $50 shopping spree in the Hero Arts shop. Then tonight, the winners in the 6 categories in the Sizzlin Summer Contest at My Creative Scrapbook was announced and I won the "Family Time" category with my Summer Sweet / Sommar Fina LO. (you can see that LO in my previous post here in the blog) The prize for that will also be sent to me with my september kit!! I have some serious happy mail coming my way shortly!! :)

Another great scrapbook related thing that happened recently was that some of my work was published at http://www.scrapbooknewsandreview.com/ . 3 of my vintage ATC's, my necklace and my fridge magnets. Tonight I got another e-mail from them telling me they have accepted another one of my LO's for publication! Super exciting!!

When I started scrapping just over a year ago I would never have dreamed that would be so lucky and fortunate! Not only lucky in winning contest but the greatest part of it is that I have met some wonderful new friends through scrapbooking. Both IRL and online!!
Hugs to all of you!!

Here are a few more cards and a LO I've made recently:

First is a card for my brothers 40th birthday. My brother is a musician so the DCWV Rockstar paper was just perfect for this! The "hinges" that looks like little guitars are grungeboard that I painted with crackle paint. The title letters are also grungeboard painted with crackle paint. I've never made a card this big before. It's a 12x12 paper that I folded in half.





This next card I made for my niece Rebecca for her 7th birthday. I wanted to try the inchies technique that I saw a video tutorial for at the Hero Arts blog and this is how my card turned out.



Finally a LO I made for the August Sketch Challenge at My Creative Scrapbook. The very talented Liz Qualman (Q-Diggity) http://lizqualman.blogspot.com/ has made the sketch
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk12/MCS_designteam/AugustSketch.jpg
and here's my take on it:



8 comments:

TesaB said...

Wohoooo!!! Hoppar upp och ner här helt excalterad (stavas det så???) skit samma, det är svårt att stava när man bara vill hoppa upp och ner! Fy bubblan vad kul! GRATTIS till allt!

TesaB said...

Och jag glömde ju säga att jisses vad snygga saker du gjort. Helt förälskad i gitarrkortet!!!

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Those are rockin' beautiful cards Emmy!!! and you know I love the layout!!! Congrats on all the wins lately!! you deserve them!

~Gabi xx

Sue said...

Hi Emmy, yes you really do deserve the luck, these are really inspiring cards and of course I adore the lo. Take care
Sue UK

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you that your getting all the recognition you deserve. Your layouts and cards are awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

Ooh mammsi tipsade om din blogg och FY VAD FINA KORT!! Jag är impad måste jag säga!! Kan tänka mig att du hade blivit vild av att gå runt på Walmart och Target med alla häftiga scrapbookprylar de har haha! Bland annat har de spegelstickers, storstadsstickers (jag har NY och DC) och en massa coola papper och andra dekorationer!! överväldigande.. Förstår att du vann med allt häftigt du skapat!!
Kram Michelle

Anonymous said...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=1007760&fromPageCatId=667479&catNavId=667479

http://www.target.com/gp/search/602-6379666-8692604?ie=UTF8&search-alias=target&index=target&field-browse=1038576&ref=sr%5Fbx%5F1%5F1&viewID=drill-down&store=&field-keywords=scrapbook&page=1

Anonymous said...

Hahaha men du har du lyckats missa mina översnygga barn som jag gjorde i det programmet redan förra veckan? ;) Underbart snygga!

http://chelli.blogg.se/usa/2008/september/kopa-grisen-i-sacken.html#comment